Join our guild’s own t-shirt quilt maestro, Chris Jacobs, and use t-shirts to create into a one-of-a-kind Not Your Basic Blue Bag!
Saturday, November 5
9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Each class participant needs to purchase the Not Your Basic Blue Bag pattern (by Kelly Lautenbach).
Not Your Basic Blue Bag (T-shirt version) Supplies Needed:
A great bag theme, a can-do attitude
- NYBBB pattern by Kelly Lautenbach (see details here – also available at local quilt shops)
- fabric requirements and supplies as listed on the pattern
- approximately 5 yards of SF101 stabilizer (maybe more depending on the number of t-shirts being used)
- 15-20 t-shirts to complete the bag depending on size – more is more!
- pressing cloth
- water misting bottle
- sewing machine in good working order – don’t forget the power cord and peddle!
- Basic sewing supplies – rotary cutter with a new blade, scissors, snips, seam ripper, sewing machine needles, pins, wonder clips, thread, long ruler, etc.
- Bag templates in three sizes will be available for your use.
- Some large Cricut irons will be available – if you own one, please bring yours too