KCMQG Quilt Exhibit
March 28, 2023-April 30, 2023
The What Inspires Me In KC quilt exhibit is an opportunity to display your work at the Lenexa City Hall gallery. The gallery has extended hours, free parking, and a great market place with local vendors. Your entry should be inspired by the KC Metro area colors, nature, architecture, purchased or originally designed patterns, etc. Use your imagination this exhibit will represent the diversity of our guild!
There is no minimum size requirement and multiple submissions are acceptable for both 3D pieces and quilts. Please see the checklist for quilt sleeve dimensions, 3D entries and label requirements.
The size limitations are:
- 3D pieces (bags, pillows, vests, coats, hats, etc.) will have two enclosed pedestal size options. Your piece must fit on a 22′” x 22″ square base and inside the 32″ tall enclosure. Contact Michele via email for size details and additional requirements if you plan to submit a 3D piece.
- The quilt size maximum is 70″ x70″.
- 2/1/2023-2/24/2023: Submissions will be accepted until 2/24/2023. Please plan on bringing your entry to the February meeting or contact Michele directly to make arrangements. Additional February drop-off dates will be posted on the KCMGQ Facebook page.
- 2/24/2023-3/1/2023: Members will be notified if their submission was selected for the exhibit by 3/1/2023. If the number of submissions exceed the space limitations all entries will be assigned a number and then selected by a raffle drawing.
- 3/28/2023-4/30/2023 exhibit location and hours: 17101 W. 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa City Hall. Monday-Thursday 6 a.m. – 9 p.m./Friday 7 a.m. – 10 p.m./Saturday 7 a.m. – 10 p.m./Sunday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- 4/6/2023 Reception from 6 p.m. – 7:30pm: Exhibited artist will be contacted to be a part of the artist talk and/or provide a demo during the reception.
Please bring the completed Lenexa waiver form with you at the time you drop-off your entry. You will need to circle QUILT or 3D and mark if your piece is for sale with the price or NFS. The gallery will not charge a fee for the sale, however, you will need to make arrangements with the buyer after the show to complete the transaction.
Email the completed submission form no later than 2/24/2023 to Michele Dowdell.