Hello KCMQG members!
Our next meeting is Thursday, June 11th from 7-9pm at the Roeland Park Community Center.
This month Angela Pingel will be our speaker. She is the author of A Quilter’s Mixology: Shaking Up Curved Piecing and writes the blog, Cut to Pieces. While Angela is in town, she will be holding two workshops for our guild.
- Friday, June 12th from 10-5 is the Nine Patch Curves Quilt Workshop. Go here for more information and to register.
- Saturday, June 13th from 9-1 is The Orla Quilt Workshop. Go here for more information and to register.
The quilt show committee is still looking for volunteers to sign up for working our booth at the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival. Volunteers will work in pairs for 2 hour shifts. The festival hours are:
- Friday, June 19, 2015: 10am – 6pm
- Saturday, June 20, 2015: 10am – 6pm
- Sunday, June 21, 2015: 10am – 3pm
If you’d like to volunteer to work in the booth, please contact Mary Hunt at
Have you been wondering about the plan for our July meeting? Grab your glove, hat and a quilt and join us for the July meeting at the T-Bones game! Sunday, July 19th we will gather on the lawn (bring your family and a quilt to sit on) and spend the evening watching America’s favorite pastime. The game starts at . Lawn tickets are $6.50 if you buy them ahead of time, $7.50 at the gate. Outside food and drink are not allowed in the stadium, but the park has concession stands. You can purchase tickets for the game here. We hope to see you all there!